Setting up your email accounts can be done in just minutes. Read this helpful information and remember you must first have an email account created.
When accessing an email account through a desktop email application such as Outlook Express®, the email application will require specific information about that email account. You can use the auto-configure options below to attempt to automatically configure your email application. If the available options are not compatible with your application, you will need to use the Manual Settings information to configure the application. To aid you with this process you can log into your cPanel account and go to the "Mail" section. Click on "Email Accounts" and click the drop down link on the right in the row of the email account you wish to configure. There you will see an option to Configure your account.
Note: IMAP email access coordinates between the server and you mail application. Messages that have been read/deleted/replied-to will show as read/deleted/replied-to both on the server and in the mail application. POP3 does not coordinate with the server. Messages marked as read/deleted/replied-to in the mail application will not show as read/deleted/replied-to on the server. This means that future downloads of your inbox or other mailboxes with POP3 will show all messages as unread.
Depending on the email client you have the New Account tool will be in the Options or Settings. Below is the information you may use to configure your account. Please replace the underline text with your account information.
- Mail Server Username: email@example.com
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) oilcan.adminbcg.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com (server requires authentication) port 26
- Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) oilcan.adminbcg.com (server requires authentication) port 465
- Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
- Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)