Once a file has been upload via Docman to Joomla it must then be associated with a document. Here are the steps to creating your document.
Once you have uploaded a file into to Joomla you will need to create the virtual document within DOCMan.
- Navigate to Documents under DOCMan via the main menu in the admin area. (Components > DOCMan > Documents)
- Choose New
- Give document a Name
- Choose the category this document belongs in
- Select "Yes" for Approve and Published
- If you like you may add a description to go with the document (optional). Please note, along with the title the description is searchable using the Joomla search tool.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and under "File" click the drop down menu and find the file you wish to associate with this document you are creating.
- Set the date for when you wish the document to be published. You may put a past date in if you are adding items for archives.
- Scroll to the top and select "Save"
The document is now setup and ready for download via the web site.